What is Forever Mighty®?
Forever Mighty is a position, an initiative, and an ethic to ensure resilient destinations and sustainable growth in Utah. With rising visitation and awareness of all that Utah has to offer, it’s more important than ever to protect our treasured places, communities and cultures. It all starts by educating visitors and residents about responsible travel to minimize impacts on our state’s cultural and natural resources. By increasing awareness and education, we can create a perpetual tourism economy while protecting our natural wonders for generations to come.
The Forever Mighty initiative encourages travelers to explore Utah thoughtfully and safely by being well prepared, treating our delicate ecosystems and cultural sites with respect, and engaging with local communities. It also invites residents as well as business and industry stakeholders to take an active role in preserving and enriching Utah through advocacy, ambassadorship and stewardship by following these principles:
- Practice responsible and prepared travel through the principles of Tread Lightly! and Leave No Trace.
- Foster pride in place among locals and visitors alike.
- Support the local economy and locally-owned businesses.
- Celebrate and respect the diversity of our visitors and our communities.
- Encourage visitation to lesser-visited destinations, guided experiences, and off-season travel.